Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Ache

I am not sleeping well. Perhaps it is Summer, heat, humidity, sweat, air heavy with promise and green and wet. Perhaps it is the emptiness I notice so keenly just now. Perhaps it's aliens sucking my brain out my ears when I'm not looking.

I spent today surrounded by several thousand people, and I was alone. I played my part, smiled, chatted, engaged...but I was alone. I made it home from where I was, just...although once or twice I may have drifted close to sleep while I drifted into the next lane a wee. This is so much more than physical exhaustion...

Dear Goddess, I am lonely. Why people seem so alien to me, why I feel as though I am incomplete despite my good life, I cannot say. I suspect you know, Goddess, but you aren't telling.

I am open, though, to what answers may come. Open, and empty, and alone.

1 comment:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

i am here, woman. darkness and all.

now, i desire to know of the name, the 'k' one.

pronunciation (so i not bastardize)...

origin... (pronunce will aide, mayhap, herein)...

you know the image of the orient; half-dark, half-light, teardrop; inclusions of one in the other?

when i read you, I'M speaking-- the Cygni, not the jim-ego-- but YOU write...

you will never be alone, NightAngel...

{i would--almost did-- add, 'QUIT SEEKING!!'

ah, but we canna, yes?

's what we do. what we needs...0

NOW, SHALL WE SWIM?!?!?!

:D

C.